Sunday, June 8, 2014

THE CHINA EXPERIMENT By Ronda Hinrichsen

If you are coming from my other blog you know what this "experiment" is all about. If not, here it is in a nutshell:  Effective writers use specific, concrete images to create events and emotions within their readers. To help writers (and any other interested folks) develop this skill, I have attached several pictures from my recent trip to Beijing, China to this entry. The challenge? See if you can come up with a specific, concrete image to describe some or all of these pictures without using words such as "good," "nice," "old," "beautiful," well, you get the idea. And hey, if you'd like, let me know what you came up with. I'd LOVE to see them.


Outside the Summer Palace.

Within the Summer Palace.


The Great Wall

Photos by Rolin Hinrichsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment