Sunday, June 8, 2014

PERFECT PIE CRUST HINT by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen

Though I've made homemade pie for years, making perfect pie crusts seemed like a goal I could never reach. I'd tried many recipes and followed several bits of' advice, but in every case, I could never move my rolled crust to the pie pan without tearing it--usually in multiple places. 

Eventually, I chose a recipe I now always use, because, in part, it promised perfect pie crusts, and one day, even though I continued to do the same things over and over again, I was going to get different results. Or so I told myself.

Finally, I had a pie-making break through: roll the dough on a piece of wax paper and move the paper to the pie pan! Ta da! It finally slipped easily into the pan, and I had a perfect pie crust! 


I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who say "Of course!" to that idea. Some of you probably even have pastry sheets. But for me, a person who didn't want to purchase a pastry sheet simply for those days I made pies, it was an answer to a life-long problem. And maybe, just maybe, it'll help someone out there. Someone like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment